China, an oriental civilization, always amazes its visitors with natural and man-made wonders, and ancient and modern marvels. To highlight China’s diversified beauty as a global tourist destination, and promote the people-to-people exchanges and understanding between China and Australia, we’re to kick off the Oriental Charm-Beautiful China in My Eyes Competition on 12th November this year. Welcome to join with your works of calligraphy, painting, photos and short videos.
Hosts：China National Tourist Office, Sydney
China Cultural Centre in Sydney
Organiser：Australian New Express Media Group
Supporter：China Southern Airlines
Australians and Australian Permanent Residents
Children Group (under age 12)
Youth Group (age 13-18)
Adult Group (over age 19)
Start：12 Nov, 2020
Submission of Entries Deadline：7 Feb, 2021
Online Public Voting: 10-17 Feb, 2021
Judging：15-17 Feb, 2021
Announcement of Winners：19 Feb 2021
Submission of Works for Exhibition：16 March 2021
Award Ceremony and Exhibition Opening：21 March 2021
1. Theme and contents
1.1 The theme of the competition is Chinese culture and art or China’s tourism
1.2 Categories include calligraphy, painting, photography and short video. Each entrant is expected to submit no more than one piece of work for each category.
1.3 Each entry is required to reflect Chinese culture and tourism aesthetically and artistically, with proper content, creativity, originality and diversity.
1.4 Each entry is required to be original and have not been published in any newspaper, magazine or on website before. No Plagiarism or copy is allowed. The entrant shall be responsible for any intellectual rights dispute relating to the work submitted.
1.5 Each entry is not allowed to be related to any sensitive issues such as politics, religion or race, or have porn or violent contents.
2. Requirements for each category
2.1 Calligraphy and Painting：
Methods of creating works:
No restrictions apply on the method of creating works, including but not limited to sketch, watercolor, gouache, oil painting, calligraphy etc.
Children and youth group: up to A2 size (59.4cm*42cm) with the exception of the Chinese painting and calligraphy which is allowed to be up to 136X68cm in dimensions.
Adult Group: Chinese painting and calligraphy is no less than 136X68cm. The width of western painting is within 60-80cm.
Using camera or mobile phone is acceptable；Color or black and white works are all acceptable；
Pixel requirement: the entry should be in jpg. format and no less than 5M.
2.3 Short video：
Using camera or mobile phone is acceptable
Video Format：MP4 or MOV
Quality: 720dpi+, shake free, video length within 5 minutes. It is highly recommended to upload the work to google drive and share the link to the designated email address.
1. Open website www.xkb.com.au and find featured column “Oriental Charm-Beautiful China in My Eyes”Competition.
2. Download the entry form , fill and sign it.
3. Entry submission：high-definition digital version of entry is required to be submitted to the designated email address [email protected] along with the entry form.
4. Framed hard copies of the award-winning works of calligraphy, painting and photography are required to submit by 16 March, 2021 for exhibition.
5. No entry fee applies.
1. Online voting by public：Entries that meet the requirements will be displayed and open for public voting on the website(www.xkb.com.au) for one week.
2. Panel-Judging：A panel of judges will meet and select the winning works based on the principle of fairness and impartiality.
Publicity and Promotion
China National Tourist Office, Sydney（CNTO）, China Cultural Centre in Sydney（CCC） and Australian New Express Media Group will highlight and promote the competition and the award winning works on our websites and social medias.
Prizes & Awards
Top Grade Award: (one winner) Prize $200 and gift
Popularity Award: (one winner for each category) Prize $50 and gift
First Prize Award: one winner for each group, Prize $100 and gift award
Second Prize Award: two winners for each group, Prize $80 and gift award
Third Prize Award: three winners for each group, prize $50 and gift award
Excellence Award: 36 winners in total , gift award
Excellent Organisor Award: awarded to organisations which submit over ten entries
All winners will receive Certificate of Achievements accredited by China National Tourist Office, Sydney and China Cultural Centre, Sydney.
Exhibition of award-winning works
Works of individual awards winners and the First, Second and Third Prize winners will have their awarded works exhibited in the art gallery of the Chinese Cultural Centre in Sydney for two weeks (winners’ name lists will be posted at the exhibition).To do so, the award winners of calligraphy, painting and photography are required to make their works framed to be hangable on the wall and have them delivered to the China Cultural Centre in Sydney by 16 March, 2021( address: 1/151 Castlereagh St, Sydney NSW 2000).
Works of individual awards winners and the First, Second and Third Prize winners of each group will be made into a collection to be published.
1. Calligraphy and Painting Category
Mr. Mingke Wang, famous painter, President of Australian Painting Academy Inc
Mr. He Wang, famous Calligrapher, President of the Australian Calligraphers Association
Mr. Cunde Wang，famous Painter and Calligrapher，Vice President of Australian College of Chinese Painting and Calligraphy
2. Short Video Category
Mr. Luky Chen, Founder of Luky Studio, famous producer
Ms. Rongrong Dong , movie director
Mr. Ranky Law, XKB Video producer and editor
Mr. Lijun Wang, senior photographer, President of the Australian photographers' Federation.
Mr He Zhang, advertising producer, photographer and director.
Ms Lulu Zhang, senior photographer, Founder of la7photo studio
To be noted
1. The hosts and organisers of the competition are entitled by the entrants to use the entries and award-winning works free of charge for non-profit publicity or promotion activities in connection with the competition.
2. The exhibition works of the competition should be collected back within the specified time after the end of the exhibition, and the hosts and organiser will not be responsible for keeping.
3. The entrants agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the competition.
4. The hosts reserve the right of final interpretation of the regulations.
Guidelines of Oriental Charm-Beautiful China in My Eyes Comp
2021年3月5日周五澳洲悉尼当地时间晚上七点半 “澳洲火烈鸟大讲堂” 邀请到被《人民日报》誉为“中非文化传播者”、商务部“70位杰出海外华人”之一、Malaika宝石创始人、宝石学家 、 联合国外交官夫人 郭甜甜女士。
大三元海鲜酒家 鸿运FORTUNE豆制品厂 343 Unique.com.au 联合赞助 澳洲华人足球总会连续举办了20多年足球联赛，今年的球季在本星期日3月21日开锣。
山水和人们的自由浪漫和热情奔放 — 秀甲天下，壮美广西！228430
山水和人们的自由浪漫和热情奔放 — 秀甲天下，壮美广西！